Saturday, May 02, 2009

Recipe: Honey Apple Cake


You're gonna LOVE this one! This is a recipe I love to share with family and friends. I found this recipe in an Old Fashioned Apple Recipes book while vacationing at our country house in Windham, NY a few years ago. I've tried a handful of the apple recipes, but keep coming back to this one. It's a hit and everyone always asks me for the recipe. Now I will share it with you! Enjoy!

Honey Apple Cake
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla, OR 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups chopped apples

In a large bowl beat together the first five ingredients. In another bowl sift together the dry ingredients and stir into liquid mixture. Beat well. Fold in nuts and apples. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 X 2-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 45 minutes.

optional topping...I just sprinkle powdered sugar on top and enjoy it warm.

~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment