Monday, March 15, 2010

Moving Forward....



Well, as of the New Year I have taken on a different way of life. I am a happier person, I sleep better and I feel much better in my head. This new change has also brought many other good things for me. I have started a new job at a local nursery. My background is in horticulture and I have found that getting back to it has dramatically changed my outlook on life.

Just being around blooming plants lightens my heart and just does something to me. The smell of a freshly opening Hyacinth is so lovely to me, it makes my heart smile! I am glad that I had the opportunity to take on this job, of course with the help of my parents and grandmother also taking Autumn off the bus and staying with her until I get home!!! I just knew that getting back to work was going to be something good for us.

You know, I have been talking to God a lot more lately. I ask him to lend an ear and I ask him for guidance. I also Thank Him for all the blessings he has already bestowed upon me. I am grateful for so much in my life, and I will continue to serve Him in every way possible. It is easier to wallow in grief when the chips are down, but I have learned that this is the only life I have, this is the only body I carry around. Bringing happiness to myself should always be a part of my life. Allowing others to help and be thankful in tough times, staying positive when it is almost impossible to be, and allowing my heart to open to forgiveness are some of the things that I have learned to do throughout all of this. I'm still working on much more but for right now I am taking it one day at a time. Today is a good day and I am thnkful for it! Tomorrow is tomorrow...but I still feel positive about it and even if the sun doesn't shine, the birds will still sing and the flowers will still bloom. Thank you God for this day.
~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    What a beautiful post. I am so blessed you are in my life. Love you bunches!
    Your sis,
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a sunshine award on my blog, come by and pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete