Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Autumn Harvest Doll



I fell in LOVE ♥ with this adorable Harvest Doll when I saw it in my favorite craft magazine, 'Create and Decorate'. It didn't take that long to make, and now I am totally hooked on making dolls. This little sweetie is named 'Autumn' and her little sister 'Clovie', a play on the name 'Chloe', is soaking in a mixture of Cloves, Cinnamon, Orange Peel and black tea. I just took the original design and scaled it down one size. Here is how 'Autumn' bagan.

I began by cutting out the muslin and sewing her together after stuffing her tightly.



Then she took on a nice hue from a strong mix of instant coffee and laid in the sun to dry.



While Autumn was drying I made the clothes for her. I soaked them the diluted coffee mixture and laid them to dry. While that dried I painted her socks on and then made up her face. I used some very old buttons from my button jar for her eyes and purchased some acrylic yarn in the color of rust for her hair. I would have liked to use wool yarn, but the selection in the store I went to was not all that great.

When all was said and done I dressed her and presented her to my real little doll, Autumn. She loves her! I'm glad, because she is a little odd looking and smells of coffee quite strong. Anyway, I love ♥ her too and know that she will always have a place in my daughters' heart.



~thyme2sow

2 comments:

  1. Your doll came out PERFECT!! I love her!!
    I love my neice too :)
    That really is a beautiful doll.
    I want to make one now!!!
    :)
    xox Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be HOOKED! No joke. I really enjoyed working on 'Autumn'.
    ~thyme2sow

    ReplyDelete