Friday, September 25, 2009

Clovie



Well here she is. This is Clovie, named after the clove, cinnamon, and orange peel tea I painted her with. She does smell lovely, not too strong, subtle. I enjoyed sewing her together and tweaking her raggedy expression. I wanted to keep it simple, so I added a small hair bow atop her pretty orange curls and then wrapped her heels with a ribbon of eyelet.




I tea-stained the clothes in the same liquid that I painted her in. Her top is a pretty, simple eyelet with a vintage cotton lace trim that I added on. Underneath it all she has on a pair of simple torn-edge short pants. I enjoyed trying to perfect her satin-stitched nose!



I really enjoyed sewing her. Now onto my next Halloween doll! Can't wait to show him off!!!

~thyme2sow

1 comment:

  1. Nicole!! I think I like Clovie Best!
    She is so sweet, you have done a fantastic job! :)
    Now you have given me inspiration..and now I too want to pull out my sewing machine and start on a doll..hmmm...what to make?

    We shall see!

    xoLouise

    ReplyDelete