Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A package arrived today!


My dear sister Louise called the other day and asked me to be honest with her...she wanted to send me a few handmade vests that she made for her dear sweet daughter, my niece, years ago. She was trying to feel me out, see if I was interested and if I thought that my 5 year old would like to wear them. Of course I responded with a "yes" that I would put them on Autumn and give them to another little girl to wear and look adorable in.

When they arrived today Autumn was so excited to see what her favorite Aunt sent her that before the package was even opened she told me that whatever Aunt Louise sends her she loves! She opened the package and said "oooh mom...look...fabric!" kind of like trying to be excited to see something cool but was stopped in her "happy" tracks. I laughed, knowing that she was mistaking the vests for fabric...wonder why she would ever think that?! So I chuckled a bit and held up a vest and said "look, Aunt Louise sent you something special that was your cousin's when she was little!" Then the real "ooh" came out and I smiled again. She wanted to put one on right away and that really made me happy.

I'm posting a picture for the world to see how very special a sister Louise is to me!

Love you sis,

~Nicole (Thyme2Sow)

1 comment:

  1. Autumn looks beautiful! I am so glad that my Christine's vests are getting some more use now. I was sad to see my little girl grow out of them, but happy to see that my niece can now wear these vests! Love you Autumn!
    Aunt Louise xox

    ReplyDelete