Wednesday, July 08, 2009

American Museum of Natural History, NYC

Have you ever gone to the Museum of Natural History? If you haven't gone...you must.






My husband and I took Autumn to the museum just outside of Central Park last week and had a great time. The museum has a lot to do and we didn't waste any time exploring. Here are some pictures of exhibits we had to see...





The exhibits are always changing. Extreme mammals was the latest exhibit and very interesting. I loved the primates and of course the dinosaurs. I have always loved the ocean life exhibit. They have a huge whale hung from the ceiling. It really is impressive and when you enter the room you can hear the song of the whale throughout the entire area.






For all of you dinosaur lovers out there this is the place to be. It is always such an impressive site to see the bones displayed throughout the museum. I think I read that their collection included over 1 million dinosaur bones! Pretty cool I thought. Standing near these dinosaurs gives you such a chill as they tower over you.



You bring Gum Gum, Dum Dum?




And of course some beautiful Indian textiles...





And of course a dozen or so elevator rides..



Go and see the museum if you have the chance. It's just a suggested donation at the door and you won't ever regret the trip!

~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment