Monday, July 13, 2009

Grandma's Quilts

My grandmother is a great quilter. She first showed me how to sew and how to use a machine. I learned how to sew at the age of 8 but never really used the skill until I was older. I always admired her skills, she's great with colors and has always done all of her own quilting by hand. She formed her own quilt club with some friends 25 years ago called Patches and Pieces.
While visiting with her the other day I decided to take a few pictures of the quilts that she has made over the years. She has them all over the house and I love to touch them and wrap up in them too. She uses all of them, she loves to be able to toss one over your shoulders during the cooler months. She told me that she never really takes pictures of her quilts, so I made sure that I did it for her.



Here are the quilts that she has displayed around her house these days...but it is no where near as many as she has made over the years. Enjoy!





This quilt is a wall hanging and is called 'stack and whack'. I hope I spelled whack correctly!





Here are some more that I absolutley love.



She is really good with embroidery and cross stitch too!

This one was reproduced from an antique sampler.


This is her Colorwash.




Beautiful!!

~thyme2sow

1 comment:

  1. wow!! Your Grandmother's works are amazing..I hope to get the chance to meet her one day.
    Lucky are you to have a Grandmother with such talents. :) Now I see where you get your talents from Nicole!
    Love to see all your updates,
    I need to do something with my blog soon,
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete