Saturday, August 29, 2009

Earl to Bed, Early to Rise...



Early to Bed, Early to Rise...that's what I always say. Too bad I don't heed my own cautionary advice. I stitch until I can't see anymore and then I close my eyes, sometimes. I have always been a night bird. I don't do mornings, as my friend Garfield always says, and I'm usually late when I have to be somewhere early.
Well, I have to change my ways. I don't want my daughter to have to deal with the same issues that I have. It's bad enough that my husband is the same way as I am, actually HE is worse.

So, I have new rules in the house starting tonight, tomorrow, really soon... As her first day of school closes in on us, 10 days and counting, I have adopted a new attitude. Early to Bed, Early to Rise...that's what I always say, of course I was talking about somebody else and just dreaming about it myself. But really, I am going to make a conscious effort to be a better rise-and-shiner. I know I can do it. I never thought that I'd learn to quilt, and I can, I never thought I'd be able to do one over one thread on 35 count linen, but I can and I do. This is just sissy stuff. My plan of attack is to get Autumn up early, give her a wholesome breakfast and send her off to school by 7:15am every morning for the next year. Then when she's gone I will curl up on her bed and sleep until she gets home at 2pm! Sounds like a plan. Wish me Luck...yawn.

~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment