Monday, August 03, 2009

A new friend comes to visit.



A couple of days ago a friend of my husband found this little one crossing a busy road. I never had reptiles while growing up, but I quickly found a soft spot in my heart for this very active sweet little turtle. My neighbor, who is an experienced reptile guy, told me that he thinks it is a boy, maybe, and that 'he' might be about 30-40 years old. He is very healthy and seems quite content with us. I made him an inside cage and an outside area to hang out in.





He loves when I mist him and the only food I have seen him eat is one of my homegrown tomatoes. The plan is that we will hold onto him for a little while and then release him back into nature, maybe at the heavily wooded Nature Center in our town. I know that keeping him is not the best thing for a wild turtle, but Autumn and I are in love and just wanted a little time to get to know him. Sounds like a plan, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment