Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh My Gourd!



Check it out! I grew these gooseneck gourds last season and have been so lazy about painting them up. Autumn made a birdhouse out of one of them, but after seeing one of these in the Country House magazine the other day I just had to take a chance and see if I could replicate it. I think the paint is too shiny on this one. I think the next one I paint will be crackle painted, with orange as the base color and black on the top. What do you think?

I also used glow-in-the-dark glaze for the inside of the jack-o-lantern's mouth. It looks really cool when I turn the lights out. I thought I would put Halloween candy inside too. We'll see...

The mini pumpkin and the mini gourd in this picture are the first of this years' harvest...couldn't wait to get one off the vine!
~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment