Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Madeline



If my grandmother knew that I was posting pictures of her on my blog she would probably say..."oh, why would you want to do that?" But the real reason is that I truly love and respect her and always want her around me.

I find that since I am older now, 30 something...I feel a bit closer to her...woman to woman. I've always known that she has much love for me, but not until I came back from Florida in the late 90's did I really spend quality time with her, as an adult of course. I cherish these moments we have.



She is a great-grandmother one time to my daughter Autumn. She turned 80 in August and is a very active lady. She founded a quilt club at her local library with some friends 25 years ago called Patches and Pieces. She is a devine quilter, always by hand and everything very nicely done. She's always wanting to learn new techniques and teach them to her girlfriends. That's another wonderful thing about my grandma, she's a great friend!



Every chance my family gets we go upstate to our cabin owned by my grandmother. She loves the mountain air, as I do. She rises early and snuggles down after a hot cup of Lipton. When we are up there she likes to take a walk down our road and gather wildflowers as she goes, always coming back with a handful of sweet little buds ready for the old milk bottle vase we keep just for that. She loves the wild red Columbine that grows on our outer burm. They are spectacular!




Last time we were in Windham we made a really nice turkey dinner with all the fixins which all of us ladies shared in the making. The turkey came out superb, of course because she made it, and we all really enjoyed it FULLY. Of course it was a great meal that we enjoyed left-overs from all weekend. I took a picture of my mom and grandma in front of the oven as they were taking out the bird. It's kind of a tradition in our family.



I really feel blessed to have Madeline for my grandmother. I love our conversations and the time we spend together. I hope my daughter has as fond of memories of her as I always will. I hope she lives for a long time and has more wonderful healthy days ahead. Love you grandmother!

~thyme2sow

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, she is beautiful!
    Sure wish I could have been with you upstate. I know we would have had so much fun together on that weekend :) Maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete