Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Love Gingerbread people!



I always remember loving gingerbread. The smell of it baking in the oven and the spicy taste of a warm cookie. This year I decided to decorate my hutch with some of my gingerbread collectibles. I use my folk art gingerbread bowls and mugs almost all year long. I love eating warm desserts out of the wide heavy bowls and I swear my coffee tastes better in those mugs! I guess you can imagine how happy I was to have received a beautiful wood framed, cross stitched gingerbread design from my sister-in-law in North Carolina! She did such a wonderful job on this piece and it looks so nice on my country style hutch. I have received so many compliments on it. I love it! I have been holding onto another cross stitch chart with the same gingerbread man and a snowman hugging each other. I started the design a couple of days ago and hope to have it finished and framed soon so that I can post the finished design and the designers information. Looking forward to posting the finished project!
~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment