Friday, June 19, 2009

It's my Birthday, It's my Birthday!


What a wonderful way to wake up! This morning at 6:15am my 5 year old daughter Autumn Rose woke me up by plopping a bag on my stomach and saying "Is it your Birthday now?" I said yes, and she proceeded to open the gift inside the bag and just before it made its way out of the bag she said, "I hope you like your new nightgown and slippers Mommy!" And I did like them very much. She picked out a pretty summer nightgown with fuzzy pink thong-type slippers. They are lovely and I feel sooo lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter. Thanks Mom...

After snuggling and falling back to sleep with my daughter in our bed my husband made his famous "mish-mosh", a recipe that his dad used to make for him and his siblings way back when. It consisted of eggs, cheese, leftover marinated chicken breast, and ...drum roll please...french fries! It was really good. He presented it on a plate with buttered toast triangles...Top Chef look out!

As I finish my coffee while I type this blog post, I reflect back upon past birthdays. This one is #36. My birthdays have always been very warm, sometimes very hot! After all June is the month for smoldering days. Today is very cool, maybe going to reach 70 degrees. We'll see. At least the sun is shining, it's been so wet here on LI. My garden is doing very well, I will post more pics in a few days. Today I will spend my day stitching and maybe go out and catch a sale at JC Penny's, I saw some very cute summer dresses there last week when shopping for Autumn. I am so due for some new clothes.

I would also like to say another Thank You to my bestest sister-in-law Louise. She sent me some BEAUTIFUL gifts. She knows I love to fondles the fabrics, not unlike herself. She works in a fabric shop and picked out some great stuff for me. I particularly love the paper doll fabrics that everyone is going gaga for lately. She knows me, I love her. She always packs her gifts so lovely. All tied in pinks and lavenders. I am such a blessed girl. I feel the love all the way from NC. Thanks so much Louise!!! Love you guys.
~thyme2sow

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to my dear sweet Sister!!
    Hope your day was great.
    I am glad I got to talk with you last night.
    Have fun with your goodies :)
    Love ya!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete