Sunday, June 21, 2009

Me and My Dad



This picture of my dad Gary and I was taken last October while we vacationed at our cabin in Windham, NY. My father is one of the sweetest men I have ever met. He is funny, he loves children and he and my mother have a wonderful relationship. I am so glad for the two of them. They really have found their soul mate in each other.

When I was 7 my mother married Gary, my stepfather. It was the best day of my life. I never felt that he wasn't my true father. He never treated me as a stepdaughter. Things just happened for us and it has been a blessing.

Ever since Gary has been in my life it has been fun. He always has me laughing and I love that quality so much. You would fall in love with him too if you met him! He's a man that loves to eat, mainly meat and potatoes, and is always happy at my house when he comes over for dinner. Once he told me that he would never eat anything green, then listed the few green items he has eaten and are 'safe'. He is married to a vegetarian, my mom, and told everyone that she doesn't eat anything with a face or with a mother. He cracks me up!

Anyway, we went to breakfast and had a very nice time. We all took a chance at the Chinese auction and lo and behold, my husband won the best prize! A $100 gift certificate to the Irish Coffee Pub. Awesome! Now we have a date for his birthday dinner on June 24. It's a lovely restaurant and we always enjoy ourselves there. Congratulations babe!

So now Father's Day is winding down and I have to do a little food shopping. I hope all of you fathers out there have enjoyed your day and continue to do so all year long. God Bless.

~thyme2sow

No comments:

Post a Comment