Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Party



I had such a nice birthday dinner at my parents house tonight. Ever since I was a little girl my mother has made a dinner of my choice for my special birthday meal. This year I chose BBQ fare. What an excellent choice I must say...

The lavender that we planted was in bloom down the front walkway of the house and I wanted to cut some but it started raining as soon as we finished supper. Here is what it looked like today. It smells soooo good. Don't worry, Louise, I will send you a bunch really soon!




Mom made ribs in the crock pot for 9 hours with her own sauce...they just fell off the bone. Corn bread, apple cole slaw...yummm. There were homemade baked beans, baked chicken and for my birthday cake there was a homemade angel food cake with lemon pudding and homemade whipped cream! Awesome!!! I took home leftovers.



My family was so very nice to me. I got gift certificates and fabric, cash for stash! and some very beautiful cards with such dear sentiments. I am a lucky girl...I know, I'm blessed!




Looking forward to celebrating Father's Day tomorrow morning with my Dad and LH. Up early to get into a pancake breakfast with the boys and Autumn. Our local historical society has an annual breakfast and the money goes to the society, which does a great job.



Now to bed with a very full belly. I thank everyone for celebrating with me another fun and memorable birthday. God Bless us all.
~thyme2sow

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! So happy for you :)
    Love all the pictures, and love your blog too :)
    Love, Louise

    ReplyDelete