Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas bazaar 2009




For the past few years my mother, myself and grandmother and Autumn of course, have been in charge of the ornament table at our church's Christmas bazaar. This year since we had a lot of rain the Christmas parade was cancelled but we all still had a wonderful time selling ornaments and handmade items for our church.

Every year a woman that belongs to our church hand hooks a large rug to be included in the Chinese auction. This year she chose a beautiful country primitive scene with sheep and rolling hills...of course I didn't win, you would have heard me scream if I did! Here is her artwork...



Oh well, maybe next year!!!

The ornament table was all decked out with our handmade ornies, none of which were cross stitch! It seems that everyone likes the shiny sparkley stuff these days. We decorated trees and sold them that way also.





I thought it would be a good idea to sit at the handmade and stitched linen table...





I also perused the other tables. Look at all of the lovely items I found! I took home some of it too!!









I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

~thyme2sow

1 comment: